Whole30 Bang Bang Shrimp Stir Fry
Mar 12, 2019
I often get asked if I "cheat" on my diet, and if I do, how much??
Well I like to say, I don't cheat, I just eat. It's true. I don't approach my nutrition like I'm on a diet, I just eat the things that I know make me feel the best and don't bother with the stuff that makes me feel like crap.
The thing is, a lot of people seem to think that means I never get to "have fun" with my food. Quite the contrary! All it takes is a little imagination and a Google search for me to find healthier ways of including those mouth watering meals when I get a hankering for something special.
On today's menu?? Whole30 Bang Bang Shrimp Stir Fry.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg whisked well
- 2/3 c coconut flour
- 1/2 c arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- coconut or avocado oil for frying
- sliced green onions, optional
- sesame seeds, optional
- Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/4 c + 2 tbsp Whole30 mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 2 1/4 tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt to taste
- Stir Fry Veggies
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/2 c sliced mushrooms
- 1 chopped bok choy
- 1 packet rice noodles cooked to package instructions, optional (not Whole30 compliant)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- 4 sprays Braggs liquid aminos (non Whole30 compliant, you could use coconut aminos instead)
- Stir together all sauce ingredients and set aside
- Whisk together coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and pepper in a wide bowl. Dip shrimp in eggs, then dredge in flour. Shake off excess and place on a plate. Repeat with all shrimp.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, fry shrimp, making sure not to crowd. Wait until the bottom side is nicely browned before flipping, then flip and cook through. Shrimp should be browned and crispy. Remove from skillet and place on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, heat a thin layer of oil in another large skillet over medium heat. Add the veggies and liquid aminos and toss until just heated through (hard veggies should still have a crunch).
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with half of sauce. Add more sauce to taste and toss. Serve over stir fried veggies and noodles. Top with remaining sauce, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Give this delicious recipe a try and let me know how you enjoy it!
Also, if you like content like this and want more recipes that make you feel like your cheating, plus workout tips, mindset mastery tools, and general guidance on reaching your boss body goals, feel free to join my free Facebook tribe where I hold live trainings and coaching!
Shrimp and Sauce Recipe from 40aprons.com