Dive into my most badass tips for unleashing your health, happiness, and success on the daily.
For years I've said that the negative emotions and experiences we don't process and release get stored in the body. Sometimes as fat, sometimes as illness, sometimes as injury.
It always sounded 'woo woo' when it came out of my mouth, but finally I've discovered a book that scientifically backs up this intuition.
'The Body Keeps the Score' by Bessel Van Der KolK, MD, is one of the most comprehensive books I've ever read on trauma, how it affects the brain and body, and how to heal...
"When you're not used to being confident, confidence feels like arrogance.
When you're used to being passive, assertiveness feels like aggression.
When you're not used to getting your needs met, prioritizing yourself feels selfish. Your comfort zone is not a good benchmark." - @cosmicteaholisticshop
A friend shared this quote with me recently and boy did it hit close to home.
I've been a passive people-pleaser most of my life, and while I've spent years working through that in therapy, my limits have been...
We all know the new years resolution stats: 80% are ditched by February! And because of this, there's a growing skepticism around even setting a resolution.
You also have coaches (myself included) saying we shouldn't wait for a new year to set goals and reach for the things we want in life.
While that may be true, there's an undeniable shift in the air around January 1st. There's the hope of new beginnings, an anticipation of the year to come, and a beautiful projection of what life could look like 365 days...
I was chatting with a girl on a Facebook forum the other day who was half way through her Whole30 journey and ready to throw in the towel. She WAS seeing results, but she was just truly burned out.
She was bored of her meals, she was tired of thinking so hard about her food choices, and she just couldn’t seem to get that spark back. The constant mantra in her head was, ‘ugh, 15 more days of this.’
I think we’ve all been there right? I know I have. And the real problem with being in...
With the kids at home, businesses shutting down, and days and weeks blurring together, a routine may feel hard to come by.
But creating and sticking with a regular routine could be the best medicine amidst the chaos.
Here are 3 approaches to try.
1. Themed Days: Make each day centered around one type of task.
1. Consistently gather information until you can't ignore the facts.
2. Figure out YOUR why. Remember, an object at rest stays at rest. And an object in motion stays in motion. You need your goals to be acted on by an outside force; that's what your why is. But it has to be strong enough and powerful enough to get you moving.
3. Quit 'playing' with the idea. Draw a line in the sand and make the DECISION to change. And do whatever you have to to make that commitment real. Tell it to all your friends, post it on...
"I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me." - Erica Jong
1. When you have an opinion, say it! Especially when someone asks.
2. Be unapologetically you.
3. Own your mistakes.
4. Take one small action towards your biggest, scariest, most important goal every single day. Even when you're not ready. No, especially when you're not ready.
5. Ask for what you want. In bed, in business, in friendships, and even in restaurants.
For my bonus tip on what to do every...
"Balance is not something you find. It's something you create." -Jana Kingsford
Some of you may know that I recently held a free No Excuses New Year Transformation Challenge.
And because the live trainings were so powerful for so many, I decided to share them with you as bonus episodes in the Life Unleashed Show! (cue cheering)
Here's what we covered:
Sunday: Why your weight loss programs haven't worked and what to do about it.
Monday: 'Eat less, move more' is terrible weight loss advice, here's what you should focus on instead.
Tuesday: The secret to reaching your wildest dreams...